Prince of Peace Preschool and Kindergarten offers a developmentally appropriate curriculum that meets the individual needs of each child. Our teachers use a holistic teaching method that balances intellectual, spiritual, emotional, social, and physical growth with the flexibility to exercise program options that aid both children and parents.
Our daily activities include
- Active play
- Creative art
- Cooking experiences
- Water/Sand play
- Dramatic play
- Story time
- Blocks and Building
- Special events/visitors
- Chapel visits
- Language activities
Our teachers also take an active role in helping our students explore the greater world. We take field trips throughout the year including train rides, nature centers, farms, and plays.
Influenced by worldwide culture and Christian perspective, learning themes are always in keeping with the highest standards of education and social sensitivity. The learning units through which these themes are carefully integrated, and the objectives of each unit are as follows:
Building social relationships and cooperation.
Developing attitudes and relationships with God the Father, Jesus and the Holy Spirit, while establishing foundations for moral development and Christian values.
- Laying the groundwork for reading, writing, and speaking.
- Nurturing an appreciation for written and spoken communication.
- Channeling expression of feelings and concepts through individual and group experience with varied media and materials.
- Participation in art, music, drama, and dance.
- Forming the foundations for health, safety, nutrition, and fitness.
- Instilling positive attitudes for a holistically healthy lifestyle.
- Setting the stage for progressive learning of science, social studies, and math.
- Providing perspective of God’s world around us through observation, organization, classification, and tactile experience.